Máster en Educación Inclusiva: Investigación, Política y Práctica - MEd
El Máster en Educación Inclusiva: Investigación, Política y Práctica está diseñado para hacer frente a los problemas actuales en cuanto a inclusión/educación especial.
- If you are a teacher involved in inclusive education/special education, this programme is designed to promote your understanding of the issues and practices relevant to this area.
- Our research-informed courses will help you to think about practice and policy in the light of current educational thinking and enable you to consider how an inclusive education system might operate in schools and other educational institutions.
- MEd: 12 months full-time; 72 months (maximum) part-time
You will take four core courses and two optional courses, which you can choose according to your specialist interests. In addition you will complete a 20,000-word dissertation, under supervision, that will provide you with the opportunity to investigate, in greater depth, an issue that is relevant to your professional development and teaching context.
- Introduction to educational and social research
- Modern educational thought
- The learner and the curriculum
- Evolving concept of inclusion.
- Inclusive classrooms, inclusive pedagogies
- Developing literacy
- Social and emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Highly able pupil
- Arts in education
- Educational management and policy
- English language teaching.
The programme will support your career development as a class teacher, lecturer, policy developer, special education professional, head teacher, education administrator or researcher.
You should have an initial professional qualification (eg in teaching) as well as a first degree. Experience of, and interest in, educational inclusion/special education is desirable.
If your first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English Language proficiency level.