Máster en Política Internacional (China) - MSc
El Máster en Política Internacional (China) le permite estudiar a fondo el papel que China juega a nivel internacional en los asuntos de orden mundial. Le ayudará a poner en perspectiva el “factor chino” poniendo en relación el papel en constante evolución de este país en el sistema internacional y los factores domésticos que han dado lugar a sus relaciones internacionales con teorías de relaciones internacionales y políticas comparativas.
- This is the only programme of its kind in Scotland, and one of only a few disciplinary-based programmes focused on China in the UK.
- The programme’s core focuses on international politics and social science methodology with optional courses on China’s role in the international economy and Chinese politics and society.
- If you plan to pursue an international career involving China, whether in the diplomatic service, international organisations, consultancies, media, non-governmental organisations or further academic research in a PhD programme: this programme is designed for you.
- The programme draws on the combined expertise of one of the UK’s leading institutions for political studies and you will benefit from intensive teaching by political scientists with strong publishing profiles and international reputations. You will also benefit from the course offerings of the highly successful Masters in International Relations, including specialist topics: US and EU foreign policy, globalisation, human rights, international security, media, politics of gender and immigration.
- You will enjoy access to various organisations, within and beyond the University, including the Confucius Institute at University of Glasgow , the Scottish Centre for Chinese Social Science Research , which brings together scholars undertaking cutting edge research on China across a range of social science disciplines; the Cross-Party Group on China at the Scottish Parliament; the China-Britain Business Council; the City of Glasgow which has significant resources relating to China, including important Chinese art collections held by the Burrell Collection; Ricefield Chinese Arts & Cultural Centre; and the Scotland-China Association (Glasgow Branch).
- MSc: 12 months full-time; 24 months part-time
- PgDip: 9 months full-time
- PgCert: 9 months part-time
You will attend lectures, seminars and tutorials and take part in project and team work.
- Challenges in international politics
- China's international politics
- Qualitative research methods OR Social science statistics 1.
- China in the international economy
- Chinese politics and society
- Environmental policies and problems in China
- Comparative European politics
- Critical perspectives on human rights
- Ethics in global politics
- EU in international politics and development
- Foreign policy of the United States
- Freedom of expression
- Globalisation and European integration
- Human rights and global politics
- Institutions and policies of the European Union
- International relations theory
- International security and global politics
- Internet and civil society
- Media and democracy
- Political institutions, crisis and communication
- Political legitimacy: contemporary perspectives
- Politics of gender in development.
: Some courses might not be available every year. You may also be able to choose from courses in the other subjects in the School of Social & Political Sciences.
The dissertation, written during the final phase of the programme, is your opportunity to explore your own specialist interest in China and international politics and to demonstrate the research and writing skills you have developed.
Career opportunities include positions in diplomatic service, international organisations, consultancies, the media and non-governmental organisations.
Entry requirements for postgraduate taught programmes are a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification (for example, GPA 3.0 or above) in a relevant subject.
If your first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English Language proficiency level