Design Thinking (M.A.)
: Master of Arts
Duration of Study
: 3 semesters for applicants with 210 ECTS // 3 semesters plus 1 Pre Semester course for applicants with 180 ECTS
: 90, 30 (Pre-Semester)
: University/B.A. degree with at least 180 ECTS and an average grade of at least 2.5, TOEFL test (at least 81 out of 120 points) or IELTS (at least 6.0 out of 9); equivalent qualifications may also be accepted, as applicable, curriculum vitae – signed personally, letter of recommendation (by your lecturer or employer), personal motivation statement, personal interview with a selection panel/skype interview for international students
Open Media Master M.A., Specialisation Design Thinking (M.A.).
Do you want to work human-centered for better products and services?
Tackle the unknown for business. Students acquire skills to learn from people, find patterns, design principles, make it tangible, and iterate relentlessly. They learn to work in teams, be user-centered and optimistic.
Students are not exclusively trained for creative industries. Far beyond this, they are prepared to overcome shortages in mind to solve problems for diverse individuals and industries.
Design thinking employs a variety of methods and approaches from creative industries to find solutions to existing problems and challenges while keeping business purposes in mind. Design thinking is interrelated with management and marketing. Students gain expertise in design thinking through specialized courses and projects as well as through the topic of their Master’s thesis.
Potential careers with this M.A
Prerequisites and Pre-Semester course
- Product Developer
- Service Developer
- Product Manager
- Service Manager
To begin a master’s programme, you require at least 210 ECTS. If you have completed your bachelor’s degree with 180 ECTS, Macromedia University offers the option of obtaining the extra 30 ECTS needed in a Pre-Semester course.
The Pre-Semester course is an attendance-based course that starts in the winter semester to ensure you can begin the master’s programme in the summer semester without any difficulty.
Your benefits at Macromedia University
- Top position in CHE Ranking 2014/15*
- Small classes with intensive, individual supervision
- Globally recognised, state-approved degrees, accredited by FIBAA
- Campuses in Berlin & Munich: two of the Top 5 “Most Affordable Cities for Students 2015” worldwide**
- Authentic, practice oriented projects with over 500 well-known companies
- Highly qualified professors and industry insiders as lecturers
- International students from all continents
- Career perspectives in Germany: 18 months visa after successful graduation
- Master’s degree on three days a week (e.g. from Thursday to Saturday)
- Pre-Semester course available online
- Buddy network for international students
- Several Programmes entirely in English
- Campus locations situated in the very centre of Germany’s industrial locations
- Worldwide network of Partner Universities
The Media School trains personalities who can operate in a global market and work in transnational and transcultural projects. The international orientation is therefore promoted on two levels: through intercultural exchange and projects in teaching and research. International projects and case studies encountered by students as they study show how global standards become established on a regional level. A TV format, for example, or a video game, work differently in Japan than in Germany.