Start date: July 2014
Duration: 100 hours
Aim: the Design in Gastronomy summer course is devised so that anyone linked to the world of design and/or gastronomy can acquire the basic knowledge to understand the relationship between them and move more comfortably and professionally between the two.
From the interior design of a restaurant to the label on a bottle of wine or a tin of preserves, as well as tableware, the presentation of a recipe blog or the uniform worn by waiting staff. Anything encompassed by the vast term of gastronomy is included in the wide-ranging approach of design.
The professional opportunities offered by this course are very wide, ranging from:
• Generating new ideas for an entrepreneur or businessperson.
• Providing new knowledge to journalists and communication professionals.
•Acquiring greater knowledge of the field of public relations.
This area of study and work is as wide as the professional opportunities it offers. In a short period of time, the Design in Gastronomy summer course aims to:
• Provide a view of the issues linked to these two fields: gastronomy and design.
• Provide a theoretical-practical introduction to the general knowledge on the relationship between gastronomy and design, from the perspective of debate, dialogue and the exhibition of a range of views.
• To learn, through lessons, lectures, examples and the viewing of audiovisual and graphic material, how to identify trends, point out their protagonists and master the keys of good design.
• To carry out visits to prestigious restaurants to enjoy master lessons on design applications by the chefs.
All of this will help students create a comprehensive final project featuring all the branches of design applied to gastronomy.
La matriz del diseño toma la forma de las cuatro escuelas del IED: IED Design, IED Moda, IED Visual Communication y IED Management.
Las cuatro escuelas de cada sede del IED son completamente independientes: lo que las une son el común denominador de la cultura del diseño y los principios que las inspiran.